Dear Potential Client of Ours,
I wanted to address a few concerns of ours due to the heightened state of the economy. Please be aware and wary of other contractors that might look at a picture of our work and tell you: "Yeah... we can do that for 10% cheaper of whatever they quoted you, no problem..
In these less than optimal times, desperate contractors will do and say desperate things in order to get your business. The sad truth is, most of these companies fall way too short in what they deliver. There is a huge learning curve with respect to designing and building quality water features. Unfortunately, there are not any codes, inspections, or permits involved in doing what we do. A good deal of our business comes from tearing out failed attempts of water features, re-prepping the area and then building a feature the right way. Folks end up spending more than double for what we quoted on a job in the first place. It gives our industry a bad name and can really frustrate a homeowner such as you.
Please remember that this is your home and yard, it is you that has to live every day with what is being built. Lots of mistakes can and will happen when learning how to build a feature. The worst thing that can happen is for you to really dislike something that is supposed to bring relaxation, beauty and value to you in the first place. The old saying of "A bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the initial joy of a low price
" is so true with landscaping and a water feature.
Please make sure that when comparing companies and obtaining bids that you look at what they have actually done
. You can't merely look at a few pictures and assume some guy or company did that. I recommend to get 5 or 10 references and go and look at the perspective company's work.
Talk with their clients about how well the overall job performance was done, and how easy it is to maintain. Another thing to ask is how easy it is to get service after the sale. When looking at water features, note how natural it looks, and when the water is turned off if it still looks natural or not.
If a quality job and great value is more important than the lowest price, then by all means check my company out. I am more than happy to furnish 10 to 20 super references that absolutely loved how we built their projects, and still enjoy them now.
Some other reasons why we are the best contractor for the job:
- Over 40 yrs combined experience in building water features.
- Nationally recognized and published for our work. Check out our website at www.brattwaterfeatures.com for more details.
- We are Certified Landscape Professionals through the Planet Network and ALCA (Associated Landscape Contractors of America). We adhere to nationally accepted standards in our industry and have to keep current with education and skills.
- We are certified Paver Installers with ICPI (Interlocking Concrete Paving Institute).
- We are A+ Accredited with the Better Business Bureau of Utah.
- Superior rating with Dun and Bradstreet. DUNS # 13-697-6425. Dun and Bradstreet is a credit reporting agency for businesses. Any shady or financially unstable company can be spotted with this company. We would be happy to furnish our report and those of our competition if wanted.
- John Deere Landscapes Preferred Dealer. They screen their dealers carefully.
- Members of UNLA (Utah Nursery and Landscape Association), IPPCA (International Pond Professional Contractors of America), and NAPP (National Association of Pond Professionals).
- We are Licensed (Utah Lic. # 5602425-5501) and Insured. We have a two million dollar liability, and auto insurance policy. We also have the required Worker's Comp. Insurance for the state.
Finally, we do want your business. We are truly passionate about this business. Check out our website for more pictures and information. Give me a call at (801) 785-8100 if you have any questions.
Sincerely, Derk Hebdon, CLP, Pres. Bratt Water Features, Inc. www.BrattWaterFeatures.com
Cities that are served in Utah (UT):
- St, George, UT
- Washingtion, UT
- West Jordan, UT
- Herriman, UT
- South Jordan, UT
- Alpine, UT
- Highland, UT
- Bountiful, UT
- Centerville, UT
- Farmington, UT
- North Salt Lake, UT
- WoodCross, UT
- West Bountiful, UT
- Riverton, UT
- Millcreek, UT
- Sugarhouse and Fruit Heights, UT